BOARD OF DIRECTORS 2021 : THE TREASURER
Are you a member of Mile End Chavurah?
Do you have a knack for finance?
Would you like to further your involvement in our community and help on an organizational level by joining the Board of Directors?
Nominate yourself or someone else!
The Board of Directors is the governing body that is responsible for strategic direction, financial oversight, and overall policy (we are also pretty hands-on in terms of helping make our awesome events happen!). Taking an active part in the stewardship of a community organization is a unique and wonderful opportunity.
KEY QUALITIES FOR THE POSITION OF TREASURER
- 18 years or older
- Able to serve a 2-year term and make the necessary time commitment
- Comfortable with financial financial planning & accounting procedures
WHAT DOES THE TREASURER DO?
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of the annual budget in collaboration with staff
- Authorize payments
- Review monthly financial reports provided by staff
- Carry out periodic revisions to the annual budget
- Propose periodic adjustments to the annual budget
- Prepare periodic reports to the Board of Directors
Any member who is called to this role is invited to run – you do not need to have extensive experience with our community. In the interests of complementing our existing board members, Mile End Chavurah encourages Francophones, Sephardic Jews, people of colour, and individuals under 30 or over 60 to apply.
Committing to be a board member is a big and exciting responsibility. If you want to explore whether your profile is aligned with the needs and role of the Board, or simply for more information, feel free to contact us.
READY TO APPLY?
Choose from the following two options:
- CLICK HERE to nominate somebody for this role (please note that we will contact the person to verify their interest, and we will identify you as the person that nominated them)
- CLICK HERE to submit your candidacy.