Shabbat is the cornerstone of the Mile End Chavurah.
Our summer 2019 Shabbat schedule
Please check back here regularly for updates and changes.
- June 8 – Saturday Community Shabbat
- June 21 – Friday evening Kabbalat Shabbat in the Park
- June 29 – Saturday Community Shabbat
- July 19 – Friday evening Kabbalat Shabbat in the Park
- August 2 – Friday evening Kabbalat Shabbat in the Park
- August 23 – Friday evening Kabbalat Shabbat in the Park
- September 6 – Friday evening Kabbalat Shabbat in the Park
- September 20 – Friday evening Kabbalat Shabbat in the Park
Mile End Chavurah has many different ways of celebrating Shabbat:
Saturday Morning Community Shabbat
As often as we can, Mile End Chavurah offers a Saturday morning service with Torah reading and various programming. Or, we might offer yoga and torah discussion in an outdoor setting. Subscribe to our weekly e-bulletin to find out more!
We are looking for Shabbat hosts
MECh is looking for hosts to welcome people into their homes on Friday evenings. Hosts can choose to lead a service on their own or ask us to provide a ritual leader. You can collaborate with us to co-lead parts of the service, or you can host an evening potluck dinner and simply recite the Shabbat blessings, or host a discussion. Our Shabbat committee will be happy to go over the options with you in an effort to make you feel as comfortable as possible.
We are looking for people to lead services
As a lay led community, we are looking for people to lead or co-lead Friday evening services in various settings. If you know how to – great! If you don’t feel 100% confident but still want to give it a try, we can teach you.
Please contact us to volunteer your home for a Shabbat or to offer your skills as a leader.